- I had the great pleasure of attending a workshop with Fiona Kenshole last Saturday. I am still laughing about some of her anecdotes about children lit authors, especially P.L. Travers (Mary Poppins). But my main takeway was: Be like Madonna. It’s not necessarily the ones with the most talent who make it, but those who work the hardest and know how to reinvent themselves.
- Love that my kids have both been bitten by the storytelling bug. Lots of stories are being read and created around here.
- One of my critique partners, Kristin Burchell, has just sold her first book to Astraea Press! I'll be interviewing her next Wednesday.
- I have finally come to a place where I am “satisfied” with a certain manuscript. I’m not sure I’ve ever felt this way about a project before. I know it’s not perfect, but it feels done.
- Spring is just around the corner, which means my favorite corner fruit stand will soon open. Fresh asparagus and more sun = happy me.
What has been going on in your world?