Friday, February 21, 2014

Friday Five




  1. I had the great pleasure of attending a workshop with Fiona Kenshole last Saturday.  I am still laughing about some of her anecdotes about children lit authors, especially P.L. Travers (Mary Poppins). But my main takeway was: Be like Madonna. It’s not necessarily the ones with the most talent who make it, but those who work the hardest and know how to reinvent themselves.
  2. Love that my kids have both been bitten by the storytelling bug. Lots of stories are being read and created around here.  
  3. One of my critique partners, Kristin Burchell, has just sold her first book to Astraea Press! I'll be interviewing her next Wednesday.
  4. I have finally come to a place where I am “satisfied” with a certain manuscript. I’m not sure I’ve ever felt this way about a project before. I know it’s not perfect, but it feels done.
  5.  Spring is just around the corner, which means my favorite corner fruit stand will soon open. Fresh asparagus and more sun = happy  me.

 What has been going on in your world?

No comments:

Post a Comment