Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Gratitude





I love S.A. Larsen's idea for this blog hop!
I know as a writer that when I'm thankful, I'm also content. I'm less likely to compare myself to others, and I'm happier just enjoying the journey.
 
I have so much to be thankful for:


  1. Stellar critique partners. There's nothing like finding other kindred writing spirits who challenge and encourage you to keep going. I am so grateful.
  2. The generosity of writers farther along than me. I had a couple of published authors go out of their way to help me in the last year. What a gift.
  3. Agents or editors who have given me personalized feedback or encouragement. There are some rejections that deserve frames.
  4. A family who believes in me. My biggest fans live with me.
  5. Writing itself. There is nothing like finding just the right word, figuring out how to fix a plot hole, and getting to live for a little while in my characters’ shoes. Writing is a great gift, and I hope to use it well, no matter when or how I meet my own definition of success.
If you’d like to see other posts in the Gratitude Blog Hop, please visit:


1.Literary Rambles2.Sharing Thanks
3.Alex J. Cavanaugh4.Leigh Talbert Moore
5.Constantine6.Catherine Stine's Idea City
7.Jenni Enzor8.Fanny Barnes Thornton
9.Parents for Character10.Miranda Hardy
11.Jemi Fraser12.Julie Musil
13.Middle Grade Mafioso14.Jamie Burch
15.Mama Diaries16.Chandara Writes
17.My Road To Happiness18.Swords and Stilettos
19.Margo Berendsen 

8 comments:

  1. Those are all great things to be thankful for. Excellent critique partners are the best!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great list and points! Writing has brought so many great people and joys into my life as well! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by, Jemi! It has been an amazing journey!

      Delete
  3. So, so much to be grateful for! And what would we do without those amazing CPs or Agents/Editors who read, read, read! Thank you for being a part of bringing the attitude of gratitude to the forefront. I have a gift for you on my site. Feel free to stop by anytime. It's in my gratitude post. <3

    Sheri at Writer's Alley

    Home of Rebel Writer CREED 2014
    Mighty Minion Bureau Team #atozchallenge

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sheri, thank you so much for organizing this blog hop! I've so enjoyed the whole exercise of thinking about gratitude and reading everyone's posts!

      Delete
  4. This is a wonderful list, Jenni! One of the best things is finding your own community in the writing world. Cheers to kindred spirits! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm a little late getting to visit others on this bloghop but with each one I'm more and more grateful! :) I love how you said there are some rejections that deserve frames! I'm trying to be thankful for my rejections too!

    ReplyDelete