I love S.A. Larsen's idea for this blog hop!
I know as a writer that when I'm thankful, I'm also content. I'm less likely to compare myself to others, and I'm happier just enjoying the journey.
I have so much to be thankful for:
- Stellar critique partners. There's nothing like finding other kindred writing spirits who challenge and encourage you to keep going. I am so grateful.
- The generosity of writers farther along than me. I had a couple of published authors go out of their way to help me in the last year. What a gift.
- Agents or editors who have given me personalized feedback or encouragement. There are some rejections that deserve frames.
- A family who believes in me. My biggest fans live with me.
- Writing itself. There is nothing like finding just the right word, figuring out how to fix a plot hole, and getting to live for a little while in my characters’ shoes. Writing is a great gift, and I hope to use it well, no matter when or how I meet my own definition of success.